Wednesday, December 5, 2007

facebook

I seem to spend a lot of time after work checking out everything on Facebook. This social networking site sends me emails about the things that people have done thereby compelling me to log in and snoop at what everyone’s doing. I upload pictures and get to see and trade pictures with others. The best thing are groups you can join. Joining has helped me reconnect with friends that I’ve not seen for years.

I have noticed many people add applications created by others (not Facebook) to add interest to their page. I myself have added the “Where have you been?” application that shows where I want to go as well as where I have gone. There’s also the Free Gifts application so people don’t have to pay to send me presents!

I am pretty good at resisting the invitations to add applications that are useless such as the Vampire application. Who wants to electronically bite someone and turn them into a vampire? What use is that?

Some people either don’t know, or don’t realize that they can customize/organize their page so it is more user friendly after adding all these applications. Applications added automatically appear on the larger, right side of the page but you can move them to the smaller left hand side of the page to make it more even and shorten your long list so people don’t have to scroll down forever and a day to write a plain old comment.

Maybe I’m not addicted but I certainly so spend a fair bit of time on there… Anyone else?



No comments: